I just realized that I didn't do a Top Ten Tuesday post this week. Of course, me and the gals were launching Killer Chicks, but still. Why didn't you say anything?
Here are ten things I wish I could do, but can't, for various reasons which may or may not require an explanation:
10. Eat peanut butter. Everybody seems to like peanut butter. I'm allergic, but I can imagine that if you like the taste of peanuts, peanut butter would be a lovely thing indeed. Just once I wish I could try it and see what the fuss is all about.
9. Run for hours without stopping. I am so not a long-distance runner. When I was a kid, I was a pretty fast sprinter, but I never had the stamina for long laps around the track.
8. Serve like John Isner. Probably helps to be 6'9".
7. Sing opera. Without sounding like I'm being murdered.
6. Play the guitar.
5. Meet Stephen King. Just for coffee. And a doughnut. For an hour. We don't even have to talk about books. We could talk about Sons of Anarchy.
4. Stand on the edge of very high cliff and look down without freaking out.
3. Have a snappy comeback when someone is rude to me. Why is it I always think of the exact right thing to say ten minutes after the moment has passed?
2. See all my friends. Every day. And no, Facebook doesn't count.
1. Stop social networking. For thirty seconds every day, I fantasize about disappearing from Facebook and Twitter. They're such time-sucks! But I stick around, because I hate to miss out on what's going on.
What do you wish you could do?
(Psst... be sure to visit me at Killer Chicks today. It's Free For All Friday! Answer our weekly question and win... well, nothing, but I'll think warm and glowy thoughts about you if you participate. Non-writer friends, DON'T BE SHY! Killer Chicks is for you, too!)