Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This will be my last post here for the next THREE WEEKS. I've got one of my bestest friends coming to visit me this week for Thanksgiving, and right after she leaves, I'm heading to Cabo San Lucas for my usual December trip.
Before I unplug – and in the spirit of the holiday – here are ten things I'm thankful for:
10. My new computer, which so far has no bugs, glitches, or anything else wrong with it.
9. Supportive fellow bloggers and writers, who make this writing journey fun and rewarding. You guys rock.
8. My writing room, which is a quiet, peaceful, and beautiful place to work.
7. My Kindle, which lets me carry whole worlds around in one compact device.
6. The typing class I took in high school, which helps me to write almost as fast as I think.
5. My cats, the small bundles of fur who soak up all my angst and neurotic fears, and only ever want belly rubs and kisses in return.
4. My agent and editor, who are making my writing dreams come true.
3. My warm house, the food in my fridge, my big bed, and a car that always has gas in it.
2. My family and friends, who always the know the right thing to say and the right time to say it.
1. My amazing husband and partner, who lets me write as much as I want to, who's always interested in hearing about what I worked on each day, who understands my moods and crazy work hours, who leaves me alone when I need to be left alone, who always holds my hand when we're out, and who never tells me I look bad even when my hair is frizzy and I'm tired.
Killer Chicks. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it), and I'll see you back here on Monday, December 13!