10. I am never going to finish this manuscript.
9. My query letter is better than my book. Great, so I'll just get rejected at the partial stage instead of the query stage.
8. This isn't really a form rejection. It's an "I Hate You And Your Work" rejection, but the agent or editor is too professional to say so.
7. All of my writing friends think I suck, but they're too nice to say so.
6. My agent only signed me because she had nothing better to do that day.
5. My editor only bought the book because she had nothing better to do that day.
4. My promotional efforts are being seen as narcissism, arrogance, and self-absorption. Every time I post a link to my blog on my Facebook page, people sigh and hit the "Hide" button.
3. Nobody's going to buy my book. They'll see it on the shelf, pick up the one beside it, and buy that one instead.
2. Those who do read the book will hate it and wonder how in the hell I got published.
1. I can't write, and soon everybody will know that I
I don't feel like this every day, but some days... yes. Some days I'm plagued with fears –
some are understandable, and some are totally ridiculous.
Tell me I'm not the only one! What are YOUR fears?